Friday, January 8, 2016

Hopes for a new, back to our roots, kind of life

August 2014 we moved back to my husband's hometown in Wyoming and into a farmhouse a mile from his Granny and Pa and a little further from his parents. He gave up a corporate job with lots of potential to move us back to his home where we had big plans of getting into the cattle business and raising our kids in the wide open country of my husband's youth and around family.
                          

I was newly pregnant with our second, and I had so many hormones racing through my veins I ripped half the house apart and with all the nesting energy I could muster and the help of a patient husband, put it all(or mostly all) back together in time for his arrival. During that first year we also bought 25 of the prettiest black angus heifer calves you've ever seen. We've since bred them, added a handful more and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first-born calves this Spring! Let me just say the day we put our own brand on our own cattle was a HUGE day!

                         

Along with learning the ins and outs of raising kids and cattle, I hope to be adding some other barnyard animals to our little homestead, and growing the little roadside stand business Granny and I started last fall. Life is good and we're thankful everyday for all of God's many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment